Starting from scratch

DNSAdmin dnsadmin at 1BIGTHINK.COM
Tue Apr 5 17:26:56 IST 2005

At 10:40 AM 4/5/2005, you wrote:
>Hhmm... thank you for all of the replies.  I was just about to install red
>hat 9 just because I have the media already and it seemed to me it would be
>stable.  Majority people are talking Centos.
>
>I will go centos if everyone thinks it is good.
>Is the mailwatch you are speaking of this: http://www.mailwatch.com/  ??
>I have not used centos before at all, is it a simple setup such as red hat?
>Also I will have to look into up2date as I have not heard of it either.

Hey Billy,

I had suggested earlier that you take a look at CentOS 3.4 as opposed to
the 4.0 route. The reason is you will be a a lot more familiar with it and
will have less headaches with implementation.

The 4.0 version is much more secure, but you have to disable those security
capabilities to get the OS to behave with MailScanner and a whole other
mess of services.

Cheers!

believed to be clean.
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/
Configuration by Glenn Parsons dnsadmin-at-1bigthink.com