anyone trap outgoing attachment and convert them, like word/excel to pdf?

Scott Farrell sub at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sat Apr 2 06:47:41 IST 2005

attention mailscanner guru's (julian et al)

I am looking at working on some functionality to make sure staff dont
send word/excel docs out of the company, and send them out in a more read
only form. (OK I know PDF isnt strictly read-only, but its close).

I figured hacking mail scanner might be smart, instead of trying to
fix/train every user in the organisation.

We have tools to convert word/excel to pdf reasonably reliably, but any
idea if anyone has dont this, or anything similar, or where I might make
a entry point into the code base?

regards
Scott Farrell
Phone: 02-9411 3622  Mobile: 0412 927 156

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - helping you with innovation.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers. ------------------------ MailScanner