Releasing blocked filetypes (again)

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Thu Sep 30 16:47:55 IST 2004

filename.rules should be:

From:   127.0.0.1       /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.allowall.conf
From:   192.168.        /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.allowall.conf
FromOrTo:       default /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.allowall.conf

filename.rules.allowall.conf should be:

allow   .*      -       -

Each item is separated by tabs! There are no spaces. Not using tabs will
prevent this from working.

Also, my internal network is in the 192.168. range, substitute your
network IP here instead.

You will do the same procedure for the filetype.rules files. Then
restart MailScanner and everything should work. You might also download
the MailScanner manual PDF that can be founf at:

http://www.fsl.com/support/

Hope this helps,

Craig D.

Hywel Burris wrote:

> [...]