Perl libraries not being picked up

James Gray james_gray at OCS.COM
Wed Sep 29 06:03:45 IST 2004

Hi All,

My Debian Woody (+backports.org) install is having a problem with
CPAN-installed modules not being picked up by SpamAssassin 3.0.

$perl -v:
...snipped...
  Compile-time options: USE_LARGE_FILES
  Built under linux
  Compiled at Apr  4 2004 05:57:53
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/lib/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5
    /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/share/perl/5.6.1
    /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    .

I did a fresh "install Net::DNS" from a CPAN shell which installed Net::DNS
version 0.48 into /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/Net.  Notice above that
"/usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1" is at the top of the @INC list, so anything under
it should be picked up first (right??)

However, linting the SpamAssassin rules with debug (running as the "mail"
user):

#su - mail -c "spamassassin --lint \
-p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf \
--debug" 2>&1 | grep -i dns

...reveals the following error (and a bunch of others about RBL's which I
believe are releated to this problem):

debug: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.19
debug: Net::DNS version is 0.19, but need 0.34

So why is SpamAssassin *NOT* seeing the newer Net::DNS?  Is there a config
I've missed somewhere??

Cheers,

James