user_prefs file

Edmond Yeoh shearmagic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:22:23 IST 2004

Hi Julian :)

With reference to one of your previous mail:

> And if you want to read these from an SQL,
> LDAP or other storage system, you can do all of that with simple Custom
> Functions.

I'm a little bit confused because previously, you did mention that
there was no way for MailScanner to find out the real username and you
would not want to interfere with the delivery process. However, now it
looks like there may be Custom Functions that can be used to load the
preference from a LDAP or SQL server.
Do you know of any samples / examples of these customs functions to
read from an SQL / LDAP servers? I was trying to look for any
information on this, but could not find any. Any useful URLs could
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Edmond