Allowing specific executable files

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Sep 28 15:54:50 IST 2004

Could you post the file as an attachment please

-----Original Message-----
From: Renata D. Vieira [mailto:rdvieira at IMPACTOOLS.COM]
Sent: 28 September 2004 15:22
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: RES: Allowing specific executable files

This is exactly what I need, but it didn't work. In /var/log/maillog, I
get the following error:

Sep 28 11:19:28 mail MailScanner[3212]: Possible syntax error on line 63
of /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
Sep 28 11:19:28 mail MailScanner[3212]: Remember to separate fields with
tab characters!
Sep 28 11:19:28 mail MailScanner[3212]: Possible syntax error on line 64
of /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
Sep 28 11:19:28 mail MailScanner[3212]: Remember to separate fields with
tab characters!

In the filename.conf.rules, the allow rule is:

allow   ImportWizard\.exe$      -       -
allow   ComsipUpload\.exe$      -       -

It's before the 'deny   \.exe$' rule and I'm using tabs between fields.

Could someone help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Renata.