OT: Separate Mailwatch dbserver and access to quarantene

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Sep 24 18:24:55 IST 2004

Steve was married last weekend and is now enjoying his honeymoon. Our
congratulations to Steve and many thanks for MailWatch!

Steve

Steve Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
www.fsl.com
steve.swaney at fsl.com

> But I think there are issues with NFS for this, can't remember what, but
> i's to do with where you run the interface vs what machine actually hold
> s the file.
>
> More later on the MW list
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

> Anders Andersson, IT wrote:
> > Hi
> > Ive been planing to setup a separate mailwatch server for my 2 gateways
> > be able to have larger db's. Ive more or less figured out how to get the
> > logging done but Im not sure how to solve the access to quarantene
> directory
> > on the 2 gateways. Should I use NFS to access the quaranten dirs or is
> there
> > a better solution.
> > Another idea was to have one db-server for the logging and instead use
> the
> > interfaces on each server for releasing files etc, but it would be
> easier
> > for the supportppl to only have one inteface.
> >
> > How have you solved this if it can be solved
> >
> > /Anders
> >
> > ------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
> > 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
> > Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
> > the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

> the system manager.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

believed to be clean.