What is going on? Totally bizzare

Leonardo Helman mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Sep 24 12:32:59 IST 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:33:14PM -0400, Dave wrote:
> Even if there is only one message to process it doesn't do anything just
> sites there and does nothing.
>
> I think I know what's going on, 5 children is a no go on this machine, just
> doesn't like it. 2 children sometimes works.
> 1 child it works 100%. But even at 2 children the process load isn't that
> much, at that point I start to get a lot of SA
> timeouts. But at 1 it's fine! Go figure. Turned off Spam Logging and it
> works fine at 1 child but iffy at 2.
>
> What's the average people are seeing in processing mail per-minute? I just a
> few tests, and seems like I'm able to chew away
> at 10 messages a-minute.
It depends, we have more than 1 per second on
a Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz (6094 bogomips) 2Gb
but, you have this in the MAQ

  <http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/#examples>

Please people, do read the tail -2 of each mail!
" Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and "
" the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).   "

Saludos
LeoH