SA 3.0 + MailScanner Bayes issue!

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Thu Sep 23 23:53:53 IST 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Mike Zanker wrote:

> On 23 September 2004 11:10 -0400 Gerry Doris <gdoris at ROGERS.COM> wrote:
>
> > The only problem that I ran into with the upgrade to SA 3.0 is the
> > loss of my bayes data base.  I did the sa-learn --sync step and all
> > seemed to be working correctly until I noticed there were no bayes
> > scores showing up.
>
> Are you sure that running sa-learn --sync hasn't changed the
> permissions on your bayes database so that the MailScanner user can't
> write to them?

The permissions are 660 and the files are owned by root.apache

> > Checking the spamassassin lint output I see that
> > bayes has been disabled because I have less than the required 200
> > spams.  I have no idea why that happenned.
>
> Are you specifying "-p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf" when
> you run lint so that it checks the correct bayes database?

I am running "spamassassin -D -p /etc/mail/spamassassin --lint" and it is
using the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

I downloaded and installed the starter bayes database from the fsl
website.  I put the files into the /etc/MailScanner/bayes directory, made
sure the ownership and permissions were correct and it worked fine.

Something bad happened to my bayes database and it was trashed during the
upgrade.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer