SA 3.0 and RBLs

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Sep 23 20:11:49 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> Definitely ditch BigEvil and use SURBL instead. It is all installed by
> default in SpamAssassin 3. Whether you want to keep using RBL checks
> in MS is a separate issue really.

Yup, I took BigEvil out of the /etc/mail/spamassassin dir and
My_Rules_du_jur/Rules_du_jur so it isn't being used.  Already upgraded to
3.0.  Just wasn't sure if I was duplicating effort by running the RBL checks
in MS as well as their being run in SA.  I have skip RBL check = 1; will
that turn off the SURBL and other new tests in SA?  My gut feeling is no,
but since SURBL has RBL in the name, I'm not exactly sure.  I definately
want to run them but don't want to run anything twice.

> When you upgrade to SA3, you will need to convert your Bayes files to
> the new format. An "sa-learn --sync --rebuild" should do it for you.

Did that before I got rid of the old bayes_toks.expire* files so I should be
good in that respect.

I also see in the FSL supplied spam.assassin.prefs.conf a stanza to disable
using razor2, dcc, and pyzor.  Are these automatically used by SA 3 now?  Or
are they just in there for user convenience/documentation purposes?

As always, thanks much...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator 155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500