[BUG?] Turning off whitelisting with spamassassin 3.0-rc2 from mailscanner broken?

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Sep 23 15:56:06 IST 2004

>> I really can't find this one at the moment. My code definitely sets
>> the right option. Are you sure you don't already have a
>> "use_auto_whitelist 1" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf or any other
>> SA configuration files anywhere? That's about the only thing I can
>> think of.
>
> Just to add that I'm getting the same problem with SA 3.0
> final release. I can't see that I have set
> "use_auto_whitelist 1" anywhere.
> I've checked in /etc/mail/spamassassin,
> /var/mail/.spamassassin and /etc/MailScanner.

It's on by default in SA 3, so although you are not setting the option it is
there:

"- The --auto-whitelist and -a options for "spamd" and "spamassassin" to
    turn on the auto-whitelist have been removed and replaced by the
    "use_auto_whitelist" configuration option which is also now turned on
    by default. "

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains