SA 3 release and MailScanner

A. Eijkhoudt penguin at DHCP.NET
Wed Sep 22 19:14:57 IST 2004

> Hi,

Howdi,

> I ran spamassassin -D --lint and had some errors:
>
> debug: bayes: 23742 tie-ing to DB file R/O /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_toks
> debug: bayes: 23742 tie-ing to DB file R/O /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes_seen
> debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
> bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at

Make sure you do a Bayes rebuild when you're done upgrading SpamAssassin.
You can do this by running an 'sa-learn --sync' ('sa-learn --rebuild'
still works, but is only in there for backwards compatiblity and will be
phased out).

> I also noticed that local.cf is now under
> /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin instead of
> /etc/mail/spamassassin. It confused SA 3 so I removed (after backup)
> /etc/mail/spamassassin and the lint is fine now. Is that okay?

That's fine, as long as it works. It's probably a mistake on the part of
the installer using PREFIX=/usr and not using
SYSCONFDIR=/etc/mail/spamassassin.

I've got SA3 running fine and dandy with MailScanner 4.33's stable
release.

Regards,

A. Eijkhoudt

dangerous HTML content by Valethosting.

Dit bericht is gecontroleerd op virussen en gevaarlijke
HTML door Valethosting's MailScanner.