Install error after updating perl

Alan mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Tue Sep 21 13:01:17 IST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:11:03 +0100, Kevin Spicer <kevins at BMRB.CO.UK> wrote:

>Well, you don't need the current version of perl for either MailScanner
>or SpamAssassin, if its security fixes you're worried about then the
>important patches will have been back-ported by most vendors.  Take a
>look at the fedora legacy project.

The announcement for SA3.0 indicated:
  "The SpamAssassin 2.6x release series was the last set of releases to
  officially support perl versions earlier than perl 5.6.1"

and as RH 7.2 runs 5.6.0 I knew I had to upgrade perl. Figured if I was
going to upgrade, I may as well upgrade to the current version. Is there a
better version I should go to the meets SA 3.0's requirements and is
available as an rpm for 7.2?

Thanks!
-Alan