custom SA rules and MS?

Richard Brown mynamewasgone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:01:07 IST 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:36:26 -0500, Matt Kehler <mkehler at wrha.mb.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Martin.  Is it recommended to update MS or SA first?  Or doesn't it matter?  Best method of upgrading?

If you're going to move straight to spamassassin 3, out real soon now,
you'll want to upgrade mailscanner first, as support for spamassassin
3 wasn't added until 4.30.

The MAQ has a section on upgrading here,
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/#Howtoupgrade , Personally I prefer to
stop MailScanner before running an upgrade, I just leave the incoming
sendmail running, it shouldn't really matter though, unless one of
your children happens to respawn while you're upgrading.

Regards,