mcafee autoupdate

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Thu Sep 16 21:05:22 IST 2004

I recently updated from MailScanner 4.28.6 to 4.33.3. In
/opt/MailScanner/lib/mcafee-autoupdate PREFIX is set to /opt/uvscan. Is
this new, or did I simply forget I needed to change this when upgrading?

The update script was working correctly, pulling down new DATs to
/opt/uvscan. But, uvscan here is in /usr/local/uvscan. We had a few
Phish-BankFraud.eml trojans slip through today and get caught on users'
desktop PCs by mcafee there, which brought my attention to this problem.

Perhaps more troubling, as far as I can tell the sophos autoupdate is
working correctly and pulling IDEs to the correct place, but sophos
appears to have let this trojan get through anyway.

I'm sorry if any of this has been discussed recently. I did do some
searches in the archives and nothing recent came up.

-Eric Rz.