Msre v0.2 available

Kevin Hanser Kevin at MICA.NET
Wed Sep 15 17:47:03 IST 2004

I have just finished up some changes to msre (MailScanner Ruleset
Editor) and uploaded v0.2 to SourceForge.  As always, you can get the
latest version from msre.sourceforge.net.  I have tested this out on my
own systems and everything seems to be working good.  This is still BETA
software however, and may contain bugs, etc, etc, etc.  Let me know if
anyone finds any problems, or if you find this useful, or if there's
something you'd like added, etc...

v0.2 includes the following changes:

tracker item #979955    A way to disable rules

Instead of just deleting rules, you can now disable them as well.
The delete checkbox has been replaced with a drop-down select
box that will allow you to disable active rules, or enable deactivated
ones.  The drop down can also be used to delete rules.
When a rule is disabled, it shows up "greyed out", and cannot
be edited until you enable it again.

tracker item #1006091   Get rid of the "service" references

any references to the RedHat/Fedora specific "service" command
have been replaced with /etc/init.d references instead.
/etc/init.d should work on a wider variety of systems besides
redhat/fedora.  If there's other systems that this will not work
on, please send me an email with the proper command for
your distro, and I will try to implement it in a future release.