Bayes settings

Mike Tremaine mgt at STELLARCORE.NET
Tue Sep 14 16:30:07 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:30, Mike Tremaine wrote:
> I've decided to setup local spam/notspam users to re-train the bayes
> engine and I've got a question about the Mailscanner.conf settings.
>
> Specifically these setttings...
>
> Rebuild Bayes Every = 0
>
> Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no
>
> By default Rebuild Bayes is off? What is the "suggested" use for this if
> you are doing "re-training"? And will a hourly cron that excutes
> sa-learn cause any time-outs?

I guess I should add that the host I want to do this on is a mail
gateway which gets between 25000 - 40000 emails per day [quad pentium
pro 200/ 1 gb ram].

I read in another thread that the Rebuild Bayes Every = x may also be
tied into the restart Mailscanner every x.

So my question is still what is the suggested setting for this [given
these conditions], and what are the benefits for leaving it disabled as
opposed to setting it?

Thanks again for your time.

--
Mike Tremaine