Bayes not running

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Sep 13 16:09:12 IST 2004

> I just rebuilt our mailscanner server on a new machine, and
> in the process upgraded to the newest versions.  Everything
> is running fine, but I have noticed that Bayes is not
> running.  Spamassassin --lint successfully ties to the bayes
> databases, but when MailScanner is running bayes is not being
> used.  I cannot find any error messages in the logs, to give
> me a clue here.
>
> Suggestions on where I need to look to see why bayes is not running?

Bayes cannot "run", as it's not a process

You won't see any Bayes references in your logs until you've had 200 spam +
200 ham

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains