Blocking content with pornography

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Sat Sep 11 18:21:13 IST 2004

> Hello all,
>
> I have a client that is quite happy with their spam control since we
> installed MailScanner. However, they are getting what they described as
> "disturbing messages" that have sexual content in them and they would like
> us to filter them out. So I want to use the mcp feature in MailScanner.
> The
> client has deleted all of the offensive emails so I do not have examples
> of
> the emails they are getting in order to formulate some rules for the mcp
> directory. Does anyone have some mcp rules specific to filtering out
> pornographic content or can someone point me to a good resource for this?
> need to start with something generic because I do not have examples and
> them
> hopefully get more specific later if I can get them to forward examples to
> me.
>
> Oh, can MCP rules be domain specific?
You might want to look at rules_du_jour and the SA rules emporium, as a
lot of those can help against p0rn email.
Without examples from your client it would be extremely difficult to
formulate your own rulesets.

HTH