RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon Sep 6 17:38:36 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Julian Field wrote:

> At 15:49 06/09/2004, you wrote:
>> - clamav is not installed from RPM?? (Dag Wieers is making excellent
>> .src.rpms for clam) http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/
>
> I have just updated the package to include his RPM instead of building it
> from source.
> No need to use the SRPM as far as I can see.

I never tried the RPMS, I only tried the SRPMS. I guess if you are making
the script compile SA it would be equal work to have it recompile clam
too? Personally I prefer a recompiled package because if you have
optimizations for the compilation (cpu type, number of cpu's etc).
hopefully clam will do something usefull with it.

But I guess an rpm should work fine too