install postfix

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 5 18:30:36 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 18:23 05/09/2004, you wrote:
>On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:47:36 +0100, Julian Field
><mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> >Set
> >Lock Type = posix
>
>$ cat MailScanner.conf | grep posix
>
># For Exim, it defaults to "posix".
>Lock Type = posix
>
>It was suggested in August I have changed it then to posix and
>a lock is created as shown in maillog but without result.

 From your output below, you should leave Lock Type as the default (i.e.
comment it out and let MailScanner set it for you).

Once you have done that, you should be okay.

Make sure you only have the MailScanner sendmail processes running, and you
don't have any of the original ones. You should have 1 doing "-bd" and 1
doing "-q15m", and probably 1 running as smmsp process the clientmqueue.

With all that lot in place, you should only be getting 1 copy of each message.

If you would like me to login and take a look for you, send me login
details and root pw off-list and I'll check it looks okay for you.

> >If you run sendmail with the right command-line args to dump its build
> >environment, you will probably find you haven't got FLOCK as the lock
> >method. This is by far the most likely cause. If you haven't got flock as
> >the lock method, then it will use posix locks instead.
>
>$ sendmail -bt -d0.10 < /dev/null | head -n 10
>
>Version 8.12.11
>Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
>                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
>                NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS
>                TCPWRAPPERS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT
>OS Defines:    ADDRCONFIG_IS_BROKEN HASFCHOWN HASFCHMOD HASFLOCK
>                HASGETDTABLESIZE HASINITGROUPS HASLSTAT HASNICE HASRANDOM
>                HASRRESVPORT HASSETREGID HASSETREUID HASSETRLIMIT HASSETSID
>                HASSETVBUF HASURANDOMDEV HASSTRERROR HASUNAME HASUNSETENV
>                HASWAITPID IDENTPROTO NEEDSGETIPNODE REQUIRES_DIR_FSYNC

>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and

Julian Field