Force local delivery?

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Thu Sep 2 18:52:13 IST 2004

Kevin Spicer scribbled on Thursday, September 02, 2004 10:21 AM:

> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 20:18, Remco Barendse wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using MailScanner in front of exchange and am using the
>> mailertable feature to forward all mail to the local ip of the
>> exchange server.
>>
>> Is there any way to prevent some adresses from being delivered by
>> mailertable rules?
>>
>> We have several mail addresses that are not in use anymore but still
>> get loads of spam. Instead of wasting cpu cycles on that i would
>> rather have mail for such addresses delivered to my local spam
>> learning account :)
>
> Not sure it will do the trick, but have you tried the virtusertable
> feature of sendmail for this?

Good call Kevin, that's exactly how I do it. Although I don't really need
any more spam for learning so I simply refuse the connection with:

EXuser at mydomain.com     error:nouser No Longer an Employee

One could just as easily use:

EXuser at mydomain.com     spambox
EXuser2 at mydomain.com    spambox
...etc

This assumes you have a local user named spambox.

Keep in mind this can get tedious quickly if you have a high turnover rate
at your company. :)

Don't forget to makemap hash the virtualusertable and restart sendmail (or
Mailscanner if appropiate).

HTH Good luck!
Ken

Ken Goods