whitelisting not working with "always report"?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Sep 2 16:49:19 IST 2004

I set
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

It seems I now get full spam reports even for senders in the
spam.whitelist.rules whitelist.
Example:
 SpamAssassin (Wertung=-5.861, benoetigt 5, autolearn=not spam,
 ALL_TRUSTED -3.30, AWL -0.04, BAYES_00 -2.60, TW_IX 0.08), not spam,
 SpamAssassin (Wertung=-4.514,
 benoetigt 5, autolearn=not spam, AWL -1.35, BAYES_00 -2.60,
 SARE_HEAD_XBEEN -0.65, TW_IX 0.08), not spam, SpamAssassin
(Wertung=-3.436,
 benoetigt 5, autolearn=not spam, AWL -0.27, BAYES_00 -2.60,
 SARE_HEAD_XBEEN -0.65, TW_IX 0.08)

This was a mailing list message which was scanned for spam three times
although all sender IPs are whitelisted. It seems that MailScanner also
recognizes at first that it is whitelisted, but not thereafter (the second
and third one being 127.0.0.1 which is whitelisted as well).

And here's a header from a whitelisted from address (no mailing list):
 SpamAssassin (Wertung=-2.599, benoetigt 5, autolearn=not spam,
 BAYES_00 -2.60)

It shows the same, although whitelisted. Note, it's not whitelisted in SA,
it's whitelisted in MS!

Is this a side effect of "Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes" or am
I doing something wrong? I thought I'd rather ask this before sending all
the gory details.

If that is a side effect of this setting I think it works the wrong way.
If something is whitelisted in MS it should not get scanned by SA.
Fullstop. So, no spam report for it even if set to "always add report".

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany