OT: ClamAV v. ball-dropping Sophos

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Wed Sep 1 14:55:06 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Anyone who is using Sophos only should be aware that their update for
Troj/BagleD1-A (bagled-a.ide) came out a full FOUR hours after ClamAV
was detecting infected zips as Trojan.JS.RunMe.

Their second update for Troj/BagleD1-A came out 3.5 hours after ClamAV
was detecting infected zips as Trojan.Dropper.Small-11.

I installed ClamAV about a month ago.  I wish I had done it a year ago.
It's free, and if you aren't using it, you aren't doing much service to
your organization.

Dustin