do sometime mailscanner fails recognizing Mabutu?

Mirko Bovati bovati at MONDADORI.COM
Wed Sep 1 14:45:32 IST 2004

hi all,

sometime we receive emails with an attach (document.zip) that mailscanner
"Found to be clean" while the local antivirus finds a W32/Mabutu.a at MM!zip.

Strange behavior:
1) We forward the vired email and mailscanner still  "Found to be clean".
2) We save the attached file,  we send a new email and attach the previous
saved file (document.zip) then Mailscanner finds a W32/Mabutu.a at MM!zip

Any clue?
Thanks.
Mirko Bovati

on one installation: