[OT] HTML emails

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Sep 1 09:46:59 IST 2004

>> My recollection of discussions with the JISCMail team in relation to
>> other lists I (co)manage, I seem to recall that they do have an
>> option to refuse HTML messages outright. It's up to Julian to decide
>> whether that's a line he wants to take. IIRC, what they can't do is
>> strip out the HTML version and leave the plain-text one (assuming
>> there is one) which would be nice...

Stripping out the HTML would be ideal. I wouldn't be in favour of rejecting
messages

Some of the HTML heavy emails that are being sent to the list are painful to
deal with, though I do have a couple of plugins for outlook that make it
that bit easier in office hours, while Evolution does a lovely job of
handling them in the evening.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknight.ie/