Calling Debian admins - this should be easy

James Gray james_gray at ocs.com
Sun Oct 31 20:29:51 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I've been using the tar ball version of MailScanner on Debian (and fBSD) for a
while.  Due to an exponential increase in workload, and the expansion of our
mail network, I'd  like to switch to the ".deb"  version of MailScanner on
Debian stable (Woody).  We're retiring our fBSD boxes and replacing them with
"Linux on Opteron" systems...yummy!

I've successfully pulled the latest (3.0.1) SpamAssassin from backports.org
but I can't seem to cast the correct incantation to apt to install the latest
MailScanner.  I've tried "-t unstable" but no joy.  Do I need to pin
MailScanner to a particular version/release in apt?  Can someone send me a
sample apt.conf and sources.list - or maybe just the correct invocation of
apt?  Yes I've read the MAQ, FAQ and even the FM (as in RTFM)....I think I've
clued myself into a state of confusion - all clue-bats welcome at this stage.

Cheers,

James