new rename feature or something

Marco Benton marco at XSSNET.COM
Sun Oct 31 19:19:57 GMT 2004

i was going through the Perl modules and was attempting to patch my own
new feature to rename an attachment instead of the standard "allow or
deny" from the filenames and filetypes rules.  i wanted to add a
"rename" to that list cuz pointy-haired managers want engineers to not
be hindered with blocked files but still not let virii through
unmolested.  another quagmire that can lead to a flame war!

so a long time ago i written a Sendmail milter to do this, but now
wanted to do it all within MailScanner.  i'm not a lover of Perl, i'm an
old fashion C programmer.  looking at Perl code makes me vomit, but i
can at least hack my way around and attempt to hack what i want.  but
where do i begin within MailScanner code?  or can i bribe someone here? ;-)

--

Marco Benton - BOFH, BSMFH
Network Consultant

BOFH excuse #276: The cause of the problem is: Your Flux Capacitor has gone bad.