Problems with Silent Viruses

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Oct 27 18:16:31 IST 2004

> Im trying to get MailScanner to drop (discard) email with
> infections. e.g not to notify sender or recipient. Notably Netsky and
> Bagle. Looking down through the documentation I conclude incorrectly
> that this should work in my MailScanner.conf file
>
> Silent Viruses = /etc/MailScanner/viruses.to.delete.conf
> Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no
>
> And my viruses.to.delete.conf file has these entries for
> example W32/Klez.gen at MM W32/Sobig.f at MM W32/Dumaru.a at MM
> W32/Bagle at MM W32/Bagle.ai at MM W32/Bagle.aa at MM W32/Netsky.p at MM
> W32/Netsky.z at MM W32/Netsky.d at MM
>
> Any ideas why the recipient is still getting notified that a virus
> was being sent to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ray.

Ray

You might want to look at some of the notification options as well. The
default options can result in a lot of unwanted emails being sent :)

HTH

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd