Disclaimer Attachment- ONLY ONCE

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 20:19:27 IST 2004

You would be best doing this by writing a Custom Function attached to
the "Sign Clean Messages" option.

Working from the top of the entity tree, look in the first entity and in
any multipart/alternative entities. I would advise
1) Replace all HTML tags with a single space.
2) Look for consecutive lines containing the text of the email signature?

But given that you need to look for the HTML signature and the text
signature, as well as any sigs that have been converted to/from
plain/html, it is going to be very awkward to make sure you have found
them all. You need to look for the text of the HTML and text signatures
in both of the multipart/alternative sections.

This is a very easy thing for humans to do, but very awkward for a
program to do. You have to aim to catch as many permutations as you
possibly can, in order to stand a chance of getting a usable system.

                            Southampton SO17 1BJ