MailScanner book

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Fri Oct 22 20:34:53 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hello,

I finally had some time to read my MS book.  So far it is a very good
investment.  It made me check my syslog.conf settings on 2 of my new MS
servers and I had forgotten to put the hyphen before
/var/log/maillog...  needless to say that the servers were quite busy...

Two comments about RHEL installation:

   1. please tell people to install a firewall and let port 25 through.
   2. MySQL is still available, but it is on the Extras CD (must be
      installed after the initial OS install)

I was also surprised to see my name in the contributors section.  It is
true I helped Steve out with the beta releases of the book...
nonetheless it is good for the ego! ;-)

Denis

--
   _