Upgrading ClamAV after Installing MailScanner version 4.34.8

Mike McMullen mlm at LOANPROCESSING.NET
Tue Oct 19 19:46:29 IST 2004

Hi All,

I have a freshly installed and updated FC2 server which I just installed
MailScanner 4.34.8 on using the RPMs. I then installed the RPM versions
of SA 3.0 and ClamAV from the MailScanner site.

I saw that the ClamAV version was 0.75.1.

I tried to update it using up2date and I get the following conflicts:

RPM package conflict error.  The message was:
Test install failed because of package conflicts:
file /etc/cron.daily/freshclam from install of clamav-0.80-1 conflicts with file from package
clamav-db-0.75.1-1.1.el3.dag
file /etc/logrotate.d/freshclam from install of clamav-0.80-1 conflicts with file from package
clamav-db-0.75.1-1.1.el3.dag

I tried removing clamav 0.75.1 but got the following message:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libclamav.so.1 is needed by (installed) perl-Mail-ClamAV-0.11-1

Is it ok to force the ClamAV .80 install? Or how should I proceed at this point.

Thanks!

Mike