OT: Brit Landed Gentry 419ing, what next?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue Oct 19 15:15:21 IST 2004

My Most Esteemed Collegues (ahem),

Totally off-topic here, but I'm sure Julian and others in the UK can
have a laugh at this one.  The email below came into our College's
alumni relations/donors office, and was actually passed around as a
a legit opportunity before the College treasurer got it and asked me.

The Burkes Peerage AOL address is a laugh.  And does Verizon provide
ISP service in the UK?  Last I looked, 67.216.58.94 is a UUNET number
in the US.  Perhaps his Lordship in on the lam from the British police?

Julian, perhaps this is **your** chance for title, land, nobility...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College