"Failed to link message body between queues" error

Garry Glendown garry at GLENDOWN.DE
Mon Oct 18 23:47:02 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Boulytchev, Vasiliy wrote:
> Ladies and Gents,
>         We are trying to load balance mailscanning.  I will post
> everyone on our progress.  For your info, the two folders below are NFS
> shared,  we get the following in syslog:
>
> Failed to link message body between queues
> (/usr/local/mailscanner.out/df22831 --> /usr/local/mailscanner.in/df22831)
>
> For some reason they never make it to the mailscanner.out folder ^Å  Any
> quick suggestions?

Why do you bother to share the queue between the two machines? A
spam/virus filter does not require shared data (maybe apart from some
config files, which could be updated via simple batch jobs), especially
not the message queues ... every message is independent of the next ...

But maybe you have some clever reason for using NFS between the machines
that I can't see at the moment ...

-garry