"Failed to link message body between queues" error

Stijn Jonker SJCJonker at SJC.NL
Mon Oct 18 22:44:46 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hello Vasiliy,

Boulytchev, Vasiliy said the following on 18-Oct-04 23:27:
> Ladies and Gents,
>         We are trying to load balance mailscanning.  I will post
> everyone on our progress.  For your info, the two folders below are NFS
> shared,  we get the following in syslog:

I assume you are using sendmail, afaik mailscanner uses hardlinks to
perform this. Hardlinks can only be made on one filesystem. This could
be part of your problem. I'm uncertain whether hardlinks work on NFS,
but they will not work when the 2 directories are mounted seperatly.

Next to this i'm wondering if it's save to use nfs for you're inbound
queues. But depending on equipment and other parameters that's something
for you to decided.

> Failed to link message body between queues
> (/usr/local/mailscanner.out/df22831 --> /usr/local/mailscanner.in/df22831)
>
> For some reason they never make it to the mailscanner.out folder ^Å  Any
> quick suggestions?

See above.

> Im going to go dig in the code.

P.S. Next time please include some more detail suchs as:
Operating system, version and distro
Mailer and Version

SpamAssassin version
Virusscanners used
And maybe mailscanner -v

Without the first 2 it's almost impossible to answer any questions, the
last 3 differ depending on the question

--
Met Vriendelijke groet/Yours Sincerely
Stijn Jonker <SJCJonker at sjc.nl>