Re. Phishing fraud question

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Mon Oct 18 14:19:36 IST 2004

Hi there again ;)

> >MailScanner checks the HTMl-Mail for the a href-tag and the text which is
> >the link displayed in the mail,right?
> >something like -a href="somewhere.com"-nothere.com-/a-  (sorry..but i do
> >not want to use html-tags ;)
>
> Yes.

I just was courious if i got it right :) and i did..gosh..maybe there is
still some hope for me ;)

> >but some phishingmails do use images with the so called content and they
> >do contain image-maps, which are behind the so called "text", but do link
> >somewhere else..
>
> There's not a lot I can do about that. I'm not about to write an entire OCR
> system :-)
God behave..
you are doing a marvelous job here, so everything if working fine for me
:)
thanks for the job anyway :))

> Most of that sort of mail will get picked up as spam by SpamAssassin, so it
> shouldn't be a big problem.

i do think the same..as in the past sa said for th last phishing-mails,
those would be spam..and everything was working fine :)

See ya

Marcel