4.34.8 MCP bugs

Jason Kau jkau at JASPER.K12.GA.US
Tue Oct 12 12:15:55 IST 2004

Quoting Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>:
> >Related to #2 below, if the the MCP SpamAssassin times out, the email is
> >quarantined as MCP!
>
> Intentional. The MCP checks should all be local checks without any network
> tests, so there is very little genuine reason for it to time out. If you
> are using MCP to stop critical business information leaving your site to
> anyone, the last thing you want is all your information leaking out just
> because the server went a bit wrong and timed out.
>
> >Have thes bugs been fixed in beta releases?  They seem non-minor as I've
> >had to
> >stop using MCP.
>
> I might have to put in another setting to control the timeout behaviour
> with MCP. Does my reason above make sense to you?

Yes your reasoning makes perfect sense but it wasn't clear that was the expected
behavior.  A setting to control the timeout behavior would be ideal but beggers
can't be choosey.

As for fixing bugs, I was mainly referring to the the fact that MCP message
files aren't stored using the Quaratine User/Group settings and that every
message is logged as MCP in syslog.

--
Jason Kau
Consultant