IS DEFINITELY SPAM being delivered

Alden Levy alden at ENGINENO9INC.COM
Sat Oct 9 05:37:20 IST 2004

I am having a little problem:
I would like to block mail from and to two particular email address, so in
my MailScanner.conf, I set:
Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions = store

and in %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules, I placed the lines:
FromOrTo:       name at isp.com    yes
FromOrTo:       name2 at isp2.com  yes
FromOrTo:       default no

However, when I send mail from a blocked address, I receive the mail, but
the subject has {SPAM!} (which is how high scoring spam is indicate) added
and the header has:

So, I assume that the blacklist is working.  I was under the impression that
because I set High Scoring Spam Actions = store
and NOT deliver, that this email would never reach its intended destination.

HOWEVER, this seems to work if I change:
High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/high.spam.rules
and in high.spam.rules, I put:
FromOrTo:       name at isp.com    delete
FromOrTo:       name2 at isp2.com  delete
FromOrTo:       default store

Am I missing something? I would be happy to just store all high scoring spam
and let it be deleted on schedule (in a cron job).  It seems that I have to
create the extra file to get this to work as I would like, but it doesn't
quite make sense to me.

Thanks for any help,
Alden