Notify the sender, but don't deliver

James Gray james_gray at ocs.com
Thu Oct 7 23:24:50 IST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:03 pm, Julian Field wrote:
> There is 1 problem. Some people legitimately want to warn the senders of
> macro-viruses, which by their very nature do not spoof the From address.
> This is what has stopped me removing it in the past.
>
> Any votes either way people?

What about notifying the postmaster/admin with different message (to normal
virus alerts etc) saying a non-spoofing virus was detected and dump the
headers etc in the same message.  Then it's up to the mail admin what they do
about it.

This way a procmail recipe with a neat script could automate a response, or if
you're like me, you'd just bin it :P  Virused users deserve everything they
get....unless they're internal ;)

My $0.02

Cheers,

James