mailscanner 4.34 seems to affect apt-get

Martynas Brijunas mbrijun at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:38:48 IST 2004

Hello,

after installing mailscanner 4.34 with the help of install.sh I tried
running my weekly apt-get upgrade. Apt-get gave me an error regarding perl-
MIME-Base64 saying that this module is obsolete. The only way forward was
using "apt-get -f install" which in turn suggested.... uninstalling
mailscanner and perl-MIME-Base64. That was clearly not an option.

The system in question is Fedora Core 2. Please advise if any of you have
faced the same problems.

Martin