Using "EnvelopeFrom" with MCP and SpamAssassin 3.0.0

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Oct 7 14:51:26 IST 2004

Have installed MailScanner 4.34.8-1 and SpamAssassin 3.0.0.

Have applied the "EnvelopeFrom" patch to SA.pm in MailScanner.

Have in /etc/MailScanner/mcp/local.cf the following rule:

  header    TEST1     EnvelopeFrom =~/carr7\.ncl\.ac\.uk/i
  describe  TEST1     Testing new EnvelopeFrom header
  score     TEST1     10

However this rules is failing to recognise the envelope-from address
which is "root at carr7.ncl.ac.uk.

MCP is working OK otherwise because I can get a Subject-line text rule
to work as expected. That is:

   header   TEST2      Subject =~ /TESTING MCP/
   describe TEST2      Is MCP working OK?
   score    TEST2      10

Causes my MCP configuration to do what I expected the TEST1 rule to do.

Am I missing something?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.