FreeBSD Installation Issue

Derek Buttineau | Compu-SOLVE derek at CSOLVE.NET
Wed Oct 6 18:29:58 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Okay, I'm having a rather strange problem here attempted to install
MailScanner from the latest FreeBSD port.. and I'm wonder if it's
perhaps just something I've missed in my dazed stupor!

It appears to me that the variables within my MailScanner.conf file
aren't being used by the program (though I have confirmed that the
config file is being parsed as it'll yell at me good if I duplicate any
of the entries, etc)  But the config values themselves are defaulting.
IE Incoming Mail Queue is defaulting to /var/spool/mqueue.in even though
I've changed it in the configuration file...

Some detail:

In my /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file I have defined:

# Set location of incoming mail queue
#
# This can be any one of
# 1. A directory name
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in
# 2. A wildcard giving directory names
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in/*
# 3. The name of a file containing a list of directory names,
#    which can in turn contain wildcards.
#    Example: /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/mqueue.in.list.conf
#
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim.ms/input

# Set location of outgoing mail queue.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim/input

Yet when I try to start it I get:

In Debugging mode, not forking...
Can't use string ("/var/spool/mqueue.in") as an ARRAY ref while "strict
refs" in use at /usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/MailScanner line 915.

Note: I can get rid of the error by tweaking the perl code slightly.. ie
on line 915 changing:

 my @inqdirs = @{MailScanner::Config::Value('inqueuedir')};

 my @inqdirs = (MailScanner::Config::Value('inqueuedir');

But I don't really want to, and besides it doesn't address the fact that
it shouldn't be using that /var/spool/mqueue.in setting either :(

This is with the current port as well (4.33.3-1), hopefully it's
something simple.. otherwise I might wait for the next port to be
released or try and build it from source instead, but any suggestions
would be more than welcomed.

Thanks in advance. :)

--
Regards,