change from sendmail to postfix - messages now stuck in hold

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Tue Oct 5 23:30:01 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 17:52, Julian Field wrote:
> Please kill all your MailScanner processes, set
>          Debug = yes
> in MailScanner.conf and then run check_mailscanner.
> That should print up an error message. If it just sits there, there are no
> messages in the incoming queue, so wait for 1 to arrive.

OK - seems that the problem was permissions.
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming was owned by root.  Changed this to
postfix and all seems OK.  I presume that this is the correct owner?

thanks and regards
Brian