Mandrake RPMs - good source

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Mon Oct 4 00:38:08 IST 2004

Just rejoined the list after a couple of months absence, so thought I'd
make my first post a positive one instead of a request for assistance
(for a change ;-)

An issue I find each time I attempt to install a new version of
MailScanner on the Mandrake based server is that the src rpms will not
build.  Others work, but there is obviously something "different" about
the way Mandrake is set up that I don't understand and that doesn't
correspond to the spec files used in MS src rpms.

Anyway, this always resulted in frustrating cpan sessions.  Some modules
would fail to install from there as well, so I'd be googling all over
the place to get the required perl modules in place.

But now I have discovered: http://rpmpan.sourceforge.net/

All the modules required in binary rpm form that install easily.  Cuts
my install time on MailScanner by about 90%.

Hope it helps someone else too.

cheers
Brian