IRC support

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Nov 30 09:24:05 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> I have just installed a browser-based IRC client so you can get onto the
> #mailscanner channel without needing any software on your
> PC/Mac/whatever, just a Java-capable web browser.
>
> Go to
>    www.mailscanner.info/irc
> and get straight on.

Would I be right in spotting that this requires outbound access to
thunder.stealer.net on port 6667? (or was that something else lurking on
my pc?!) In which case people having trouble connecting might have
firewall issues?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed            "I've got 8 little fingers and only 2 thumbs,
Microcomputer Support                      won't you leave me in peace