Messages sent with header only, SYSERR(root): readqf: cannot open

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Mon Nov 29 09:02:45 GMT 2004

Julian

The advice above might be a little confusing. At least it has confused
me!

I run bog standard RedHat AS 3 systems [Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS
release 3 (Taroon Update 2)] which have Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.10.

Because of this I do not set "Lock Type" in MailScanner.conf and let it
default as "flock" as advised by your MailScanner.conf comments
(4.35.11-1).

Running Sendmail as above at that debug level says nothing about
"HASFLOCK" on RH AS 3 systems.

Also I have seen just two "readqf" message in more than a week and that
is amongst a million+ messages received.

If I am supposed to ignore the MailScanner.conf advice and follow the
new advice above, could I ask that the comments in MailScanner.conf be
updated as well?

Thanks

Quentin