mailscanner and razor logfile hashed directories

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Nov 29 08:21:14 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 01:18, dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've installed and configured postfix and mailscanner on a freebsd 5.3
> box. Whenever mailscanner starts i get errors about files found in the HOLD
> queue but no messages and to enable hashed directories with a depth of 1 or
> 2. This appears to be due to the fact that razor when ms calls sa which
> calls it, places it's log file in the ms queue. I've added a logfile entry
> to my /root/razor-agent.conf as well as /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf and
> /usr/local/etc/razor/razor-agent.conf but the message persists. How would i
> disable it without disabling razor or changing my postfix config?

I suspect the key is that razor will be running as the same user MS runs
as, which will be the same user as postfix (i.e. not root).  So its that
users home directory you need to look at.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.