Mailscanner installation

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Nov 27 02:00:56 GMT 2004

Mikael Chambon wrote:
> 1) Can you confirm me that the MIME-tools perl
> package included in the Mailscanner archive is already
> patched ?

Yes, the patches are included now, they worked against 5.411 and we're
at 5.415 now I think.

> 2) The Mailscanner archive include two MIME-Base64
> package:
>
> MIME-Base64-3.03.tar.gz
> MIME-Base64-3.05.tar.gz
>
> I've used 3.05, is that okay ?

Yes.

> 3) When I did a make test for MIME-Base64-3.05, one test
> was skipped:
>
> t/bad-sv............skipped: Perl::API needed for this test
>
> Is that a problem ?
>
> 4) For File-Spec-0.82 I get the following output
>
> [root||mx] make test
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
> "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> t/filefunc..........ok
> t/filespec..........ok, 53/246 skipped: various reasons
> All tests successful, 53 subtests skipped.
> Files=2, Tests=247,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.06 cusr +  0.00 csys =  0.06 CPU)
>
> A lot of test were skipped, can it be a problem for Mailscanner ?
>
> 5) For Compress-Zlib-1.33, one test was skipped because encode was not
> available, may it be a problem for Mailscanner ?

It's common that one or more tests are skipped for various reasons, skip
does not mean fail. As long as it still says "All tests successful", the
important ones are ok. If it continues with a successful "make install"
it's ok.

After the install.sh script has finished, scroll back and look at
everything carefully. I guess you didn't have install.sh the last time
you installed, it sure makes it easier to install all Perl modules needed.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun