mailscanner not calling spamassassin?

Brendan Cody-Kenny brendan.codykenny at REALEXPAYMENTS.COM
Thu Nov 25 17:09:01 GMT 2004

spamassassin -D --lint does not return anything interesting when run as
the mailscanner user.
both debugs are turned on in MailScanner.conf and check_mailscanner returns:

MailScanner running with pid 21667

I cannot figure out what the problem is so I am now trying to add in a
third mail directory queue. so mailscanner dumps the mail into this
"middle" queue, and then i run a cron job to run spamassassin on the
mail and dump it into the "out" queue. This is awkward and i am not sure
what format that mailscanner is expecting the mail in. the mail dumped
into the "in" queue consists of two files, a header and data file
(ending in -H and -D respectively). I am sure spamassassin is expecting
the mail in one single message. could this have anything to do with my
problem?