Bug in too many attachments? [SOLVED]

paddy paddy at PANICI.NET
Thu Nov 25 11:40:44 GMT 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 12:15:27PM +0100, Francesco Rotondo wrote:
> At 10.36 25/11/2004, you wrote:
> >>set
> >>
> >>Just a guess, but are some of those zips or whatever, so that the total
> >>_when unpacked_ is greater than the limit.  There is/was a very similar
> >>thread running.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Paddy
> >
> >Thanks for pointing out that. I watched the message again but there are no
> >zip. Attachments are only doc, pdf, txt, xls and jpg.
> >
> >Regards.
> I watched deeper in the message and discovered it had a lot of messages
> forwarded as attachments inside. That explains why hitted the maximum
> attachments setting. Thanks anyway for your help and sorry for the misview.

Funny enough, the one time I've seen this Limit hit was someone sending
their mailbox home from the office, each mail as an attachment.

Does the code explode attachments of attached messages ?  I wouldn't be
surprised ... that would be like the zip idea (only in the code, zips
are handled later).

Anyway, its been fun and I've learnt a bit more about this part of MailScanner.

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall